CBI's investigation into Delhi Minister Satyendar Jain comes to naught after 4 years;  case completed

CBI’s investigation into Delhi Minister Satyendar Jain comes to naught after 4 years; case completed – Mail Bonus

After a four-year investigation, the CBI has closed a lawsuit against Satyendar Jain, the PWD minister in Delhi, and others linked to alleged corruption in hiring a creative team for the league, officials said on Thursday.

The agency has recently submitted its final report to a special court after failing to gather enough evidence to sue Aam Admi party leaders and others in the case, they said.

The Central Bank declined to comment on the development.

The agency had registered the case on May 28, 2018 on a reference from the office of the Governor of NCT in Delhi to investigate allegations of irregularity in the tender for a private company for hiring a creative team for PWD’s work.

The agency said it had conducted a year-long preliminary investigation in which it made serious allegations of corruption against the minister. It went on to file corruption lawsuits against Jain and other PWD officials based on its findings.

However, after a four-year investigation into the allegations, the CBI did not find sufficient material to support its allegations of corruption and to prosecute the minister, which led to the case being closed.

“A preliminary investigation was previously conducted to investigate the case. It was alleged that the defendants, while working as civil servants, deliberately changed the terms of NIT to make the private company eligible to participate in the tender,” a CBI spokesman said after submitting until FIR on May 29, 2018.

It was also alleged that the demands for funding had been met in an unauthorized manner by other unrelated directors who were found to be inappropriate and in violation of various guidelines and rules, the official said.

Shortly after the registration of the FIR, the CBI had invaded Jain’s residence, prompting a political reaction from Arvind Kejriwal, the leader of the Aam Aadmi party, who had tweeted: “What does Prime Minister Modi want?

Kejriwal’s response came in a tweet from Jain, who had said: “Cbi invades my house to hire a creative team from PWD. Professionals were hired for different projects. Everyone was forced to leave cbi (sic).”

In addition to Jain, the CBI had also booked several senior PWD officials of the time, including Sarvagya Kumar Srivastava, chief engineer; Manu Ambitabh, Managing Director (Project); AK Pait, Deputy CEO; PC Chanana, Project Manager; and other unknown officials.

Prior to the filing of the FIR, the CBI had conducted a year-long preliminary investigation into the allegations against the minister, which was flagged by Delhi’s vigilance department.

The Central Bank of Iceland had registered a preliminary investigation into the case on 5 April 2017 and said that it had turned it into a regular case after finding original documents.

In a year-long preliminary investigation, the CBI said it had found out that Jain had allegedly committed a criminal conspiracy with PWD officials to award the contract to Soni Detective and Allied Services to hire the creative team for the department’s work.

It was alleged that the accused had abused his public position to change the terms and conditions of the tender advertisement in order to bring companies with no previous experience of such work within the eligibility criteria.

The directive, issued by OSD to Jain, DC Goel, had hired the creative team for PWD works for sophisticated imagination and planning, not only architectural design of state buildings, but also to develop cost-effective construction methods, it said.

In September 2015, it was proposed that young professionals from reputable institutions such as IITs, NITs, NID, SPA and IIMs could be hired with monthly fees ranging from Rs 50,000 to Rs 1 lakh for the creative team as PWD did not have such. indoor capacity, according to the research report.

“There are no minutes held by PWD Minister Satyendar Jain based on the fact that this decision to hire the creative team was made. Similarly, there was no request from PWD to hire such a creative team.” the agency had argued.

The Central Bank had claimed that the funds to be spent on the team from the accounting department’s increased the tunnel for the Barapullah-III project had been “dishonestly” changed for the purpose of the Mohalla clinics on 19 February 2016.

Funding for architects and consultants could be met with project savings under the CPWD Handbook, but only if urgently needed, but in this case no such urgent requirement was part of the data, it had argued.

The conditions for hiring professionals from IIT and similar reputable institutions were gradually diluted and finally released from the tender announcement issued on 15 March 2016, as it had claimed.

No market research was done before the advisory election was decided, according to the agency.

Mail Bonus – #CBIs #investigation #Delhi #Minister #Satyendar #Jain #naught #years #case #completed

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.